RIM has launched a new Twitter update for BlackBerry smartphones that adds new features such as geotagging (functionality that gives users the ability to identify their location through their tweets), support for new languages, cleaner interfaces, new notifications and much more.
Twitter for Blackberry v1.1 is a beta version can be downloaded through the BlackBerry Beta Zone. Twitter New features for BlackBerry v1.1 include:
- @ Mention Push Notifications – users are now warned to push notifications when they are mentioned in the bar (@ mention), helping users to respond faster.
- Direct Messages – renamed “Messages”, messages are now directed style of conversations BBM. Related messages are grouped together so that the area of direct messages is less divided.
- Topic # Autocomplete – when users include a hashtags in their tweets, a list of keywords # topic will be presented based on previously used.
- Social Feed Integration – deeper integration with Social Feed allows users of performing the actions of the respective Twitter Feed without launching the app.
- Retweet Update – retweets now appear on the home timeline with the tag “retweet by you,” fast warning users that a retweet was sent.
- New Gesture Support – BlackBerry users with a touch screen smartphone can update the content of this page simply by dragging your finger across the screen and then releasing it.
- Additional language support – new language packs have been included as a Polish and Czechoslovakian.
Twitter for BlackBerry was downloaded more than 10 million times. Twitter for BlackBerry works with all BlackBerry smartphones that have at least software version 4.5 or higher.