Shown as a concept at CES 2011 in January, the new ultra-compact Sony VAIO SB notebook are already arriving in the shop. Prototypes performed in Las Vegas remains unchanged sophisticated design, compact and lightweight, called “Full Flat”. The chassis is fine with simple lines and square, made of magnesium alloy with a large wrist rest coated aluminum and a new hinge system for opening the display lid.
The result is a robust and lightweight at the top of its class, with a touch of elegance that never hurts. Sony VAIO SB weighs only 1.75 kg with standard battery and has a uniform thickness of 24mm, serving as a perfect companion for work and travel.
The portability of laptops VAIO SB series is enhanced by the new system for attaching external auxiliary battery, which attaches to the bottom of the notebook, following the profile, without having to remove the internal battery or optical drive without having to power down the computer. The combination of the two batteries can reach an impressive range of 22 hours of uninterrupted use Stamina mode (dedicated graphics card disabled).
Even the VAIO SB have in fact hybrid graphics, distinctive of the S series of laptops each generation. Dynamic Hybrid Graphic technology which allows you to switch the accelerator is equipped with Intel GMA integrated graphics to discrete graphics card AMD Radeon HD 6000 series high performance (with VRAM of 512 MB or 1 GB), without having to restart the PC. This is a solution that improves energy efficiency without sacrificing the optimal balance between performance and battery life.
VAIO Plus screen display has a diagonal of 13.3 “(33.7 cm), which represents a good compromise between compactness and portability and convenience. Brightness, contrast, clarity, and not betray the expectations of customers VAIO.
Also appreciate the choice to give the panel an anti-reflection coating, the more effective under conditions of high ambient light that eliminates glare without sacrificing image clarity. A light sensor is responsible to dampen the brilliance of the VAIO display to conserve battery life when working in dim light.
The keyboard is backlit to allow an island to write in the dark without uncertainties. Sony has equipped the VAIO SB Fast Boot is a new function that increases by 50% the speed of startup and load the Windows 7 operating system compared to conventional notebooks, allowing instant restart the PC. If this were not enough, you can access the Internet in seconds, or access your mail or instant messaging without opening the main operating system, simply by pressing the “Web”.
The 3G HSDPA network is optional. Module is based on Qualcomm (VAIO Everywair) WWAN 3G/HSDPA, to quickly connect to a broadband network via a mobile operator, reaching up to 7.2 Mbps. The new VAIO SB series is available in black, white, silver, pink or blue.
The colors blue and pink are the exclusive shop selling direct from Sony. And of-course, can be purchased separately coordinated accessories, such as the aforementioned BPSC24 with its extended battery charger and a new docking station by thin lines. The new Sony VAIO notebook ultraportable SB will be available from late March 2011 for 969 € (around Rs. 60,818/-).
Specifications Sony VAIO SB
- Processor: Intel Core 2310M-i3, i5-2410M, 2520M-i5, i7 +2620 M
- Operating system: Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) or Seven Home Premium or Ultimate Seven
- Memory: DDR3 1333 MHz SDRAM up to 8 GB
- Storage: 320GB hard drive, 500, 640GB or 750GB 5400RPM or 500GB 7200RPM or 128 or 256 GB SSD
- Display: VAIO Plus Display (1366×768) 13.3 “(33.7 cm) wide-format
- image (16:9)
- Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6740M with 512MB VRAM or ATI Mobility Radeon HD 6630M with 1GB VRAM or Intel HD Graphics
- Optical Drive: Blu-Ray Combo or Blu + ray Disc / DVD ± RW DL and DVD Burners
- Networking: everywair 3G/HSDPA 7.2 Mbps (Qualcomm GOBI), optional 10/100/1000 LAN, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1
- Ports: + Hi Speed USB 2.0 (x2), USB 3.0 (x1), VGA, HDMI
- Expansion: 1 Memory Stick Duo, an SD memory card
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 224.5 x 23.9 x 331 mm (approx.)
- Weight: 1.75 kg (with standard battery)
- Other: HD webcams “Exmor” buttons VAIO Assist and Performance Switch, Fast Boot, black, silver, blue, pink and white.