Sony has revealed at this time his new Sony VAIO S , the ultraportable 13.3-inch Japanese company. The notebook is based on the new Intel CPU Sandy Bridge, but it also features a new design. Below we summarize the specifications of the new Sony VAIO S.
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2410M (2.30 GHz) or Intel Core i7-2620m (2.70 GHz)
- Memory: 4/6/8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz, 2 slots
- Hard Drive: 500GB 5400 rpm or 128GB SSD
- Display: 13.3 inch WXGA LED Plus HD (1366 x 768 pixels, bright anti-glare)
- Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 6470M with 1GB of DDR3 + GMA 3000 HD
- Optical Drive: DVD, Blu-Ray
- Networking: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n + Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 2.1 and 3G (optional)
- Interfaces: 4in1 card reader, HDMI 1.4, audio jack, a USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0
- Operating system: Windows 7 Home Premium / Professional 64bit
- Battery life: 7-14 hours (with optional battery)
- Dimensions: 331 × 225×24 mm
- Weight: 1.7Kg
- Other: 2.0 megapixel webcam, ambient light sensor, backlit keyboard, multi-touch touchpad.
Although characterized by an unusual design, Sony VAIO S marks a continuation of the company’s range of ultra Japan. The lines, in fact, remain sober and elegant and the system loses about 300 grams lighter than the previous generation. Thanks to its long self-proclaimed equal to 7 hours (14 hours also opting for a high-capacity battery), VAIO S 2011 is proposed as the ideal solution for users on the move who do not want to give up performance.
Sony will offer its customers a lot of hardware configuration to meet the expectations of most users, both in the choice of processor is installed for data storage. The AMD Radeon HD 6470M graphics card will also play occasionally. Please note that you will be able to manually turn off the dedicated GPU to switch to integrated graphics chip in the processor, Intel HD 3000. The new Sony VAIO S will be available from early April from 999 € (around Rs. 61,767/-).