After collaborating with the Indian government in the distribution of Aakash tablet, Datawind UK officially launches two new tablets in India, its second generation. These two tablets will be dubbed as the Ubislate 7 and 7C with prices starting at Rs.2,999 and Rs. 3999 respectively.
These tablet will be out with 7 inches display screen with Cortex A8 processor clocked at 800 Mhz along with 256 Mb of RAM. The configuration includes a standard USB port and the Android OS 2.3. The version equipped with a resistive display, uses 2 GB of internal memory for storage while the most expensive model is proposed with a 4 GB memory. Besides these differences, the tablet is powered by a lithium ion battery with a capacity of 3,200 mAh.
Suneet Singh Tuli, founder and CEO of Datawind, said he was proud to distribute these tablets in the Indian market. The UbiSlate 7C will be available from end of May. This tablet will also come with support of many Indian languages like Hindi, Gujrati, Punjabi, Marathi, Telugu and lot more.
Datawind has formed a partnership with Aircel, a leading telecom operator in India, through which it is able to offer the access to unlimited internet connectivity 2G/GPRS of using a fairly inexpensive calling plan that provides for a cost of about Rs 100 a month.
- 7.0-inch display with an 840×480 pixel resolution.
- 800 MHz ARM Cortex A8 processor, with a graphics accelerator and HD video processor.
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS.
- Memory: 7+: 256mb RAM with 2 GB internal flash storage / 7c: 256mb RAM with 4 GB internal flash storage.
- Memory expandable up to 32GB with a microSD card.
- One full USB 2.0 port.
- GPRS with Wi-Fi a/b/g.
- Rated with 3 hours of battery life with a 3200 mAh battery.