After the announcement of Call of Duty Black Ops Cold War, a precision comes somewhat to spoil the party for Xbox One players. Activision announced this week the upcoming launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and the game promises to be full of surprises, so are the different editions that will be offered.
The title will be released straddling two generations of console and Activision provides for the possibility of evolving towards new generation machines. Except for Xbox One players, who will remain stuck in their version without the possibility of evolution.
Activision details the different versions offered, and be careful, you have to hang on:
- A physical PS4 version that it will be possible to upgrade to the PS5 version for an additional € 10
- A physical version on Xbox One that will not be able to evolve into the Series X
- A physical version PS5 only
- An Xbox Series X physical version which will also integrate the Xbox One version
- A PC-only digital version
- A digital version of the PS4 game which can evolve to the PS5 version for an additional € 10
- An Xbox One digital version that can evolve to the Xbox Series X for an additional € 10
Activision does not explain the exception of the Xbox One, especially since the Series X version will be playable on the console. The choice is therefore difficult for players, or rather for buyers who could decide to make title gift.